Mental Health websites
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP):
A comprehensive site that is designed to serve both AACAP members, and parents and families. Information is provided as a public service to aid in the understanding and treatment of the developmental, behavioral, and mental disorders.
- American Psychiatric Association (APA):
National medical specialty society whose physician members specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional illnesses and substance use disorders.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law:
A nonprofit legal advocacy organization for people with mental illness and mental retardation.
- Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health (FFCMH):
A national parent-run non-profit organization focused on the needs of children and youth with emotional, behavioral or mental disorders and their families.
- Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN):
A national one-stop source of information and resources on prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation services for mental illness.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI):
A national grassroots, self-help support and advocacy organization for individuals with severe mental illness.
- National Mental Health Association (NMHA):
A national advocacy organization that is dedicated to addressing all aspects of mental health and mental illness.
- The Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law:
Comprehensive source information on disability law. Excellent site for information on Supreme Court actions.